ArtistLink sees itself as a broker of information and an advocate for artists' needs. We are equipped to work with artists, artist groups, arts-minded organizations, real estate developers, municipalities, and other proponents to develop artist spaces and a range of other real estate issues. ArtistLink also promotes the artist agenda in the state’s larger housing and space debate.
ArtistLink provides 3 Key Services:
1. Preservation and creation of permanent and affordable artist space
For ArtistLink, ‘artist space’ is any building which contains a permanent, affordable space in which an artist can create their work (e.g. any mix of rental and/or ownership of work, live-work, and living space, band or theater rehearsal space and community art centers). ArtistLink focuses on assisting individual artists, arts-minded organizations, real-estate developers (both for and non-profit), municipalities, and others primarily in the pre-development phase.
- Feasibility assessments
- Information and access to the artist market
- Connection to potential funding sources
- Connection to services (legal, insurance, green building, code consulting)
- Building collaborations with key development officials
- Assist artist groups with real estate search
2. Policy work at the state and local level to encourage artist-friendly policies
For municipal policy, ArtistLink provides advocacy/policy advice on artist issues including arts district zonings, assistance with restricting buildings for artists and assistance with sale of municipal buildings for artist use. A state level policy initiative is being mapped out for the future.
3. Resources in a comprehensive website