CALLING ALL MASSACHUSETTS ARTISTS WORKING IN ALL DISCIPLINES
STAND UP AND BE COUNTED!
GO TO: WWW.ARTISTSFOUNDATION.ORG
The Artists Foundation (AF) has collaborated to create on-line tool, Stand Up and Be Counted, to better determine how many artists of all disciplines are living and working in Massachusetts. We are using a broad and inclusive definition of artists working in all disciplines. It encompasses: visual artists, musicians, composers, writers, poets, playwrights, new media artists, film makers, crafts people, actors, singers, performance artists, graphic designers, lighting designers, dancers, choreographers, and the like.
WE NEED YOU TO FILL OUT THE QUESTIONNAIRE!!!
TO FILL IT OUT GO TO: WWW.ARTISTSFOUNDATION.ORG
We also need everyone's help in getting the word out across the Commonwealth.
Please help us spread the word about this on-line questionnaire.
How you can help:
1) Send an email out to your email lists/listserve directing artists of all disciplines to the questionnaire on the AF's site: www.artistsfoundation.org
2) Send emails to your non artists friends asking them to help spread the word about this questionnaire- encourage them to send an email out to their lists and also to share the email at their workplace- (there might be artists working at their workplace)
3) Print out a PDF flyer and distribute it (It is available off the AF's
4) Link your website to the Artists Foundation's website:
5) Encourage any arts organization, school/university, press outlet, etc., you have contact with to help spread the word about this questionnaire and to link to the AF's website.
If you would like more information and/or if you have trouble completing this survey online, please contact us for a printed version at email@example.com or by phone at (617) 464-3559. Email is the fastest way to reach us.
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR HELPING US MAKE HISTORY AND TO BE ABLE TO BETTER ADVOCATE FOR OUR POPULATION.
We would like to stress that none of your personal contact information will be shared or linked to any specific question you answered in any part of this on-line tool. Only the aggregate data will be shared. So what does that actually mean? No other organization will have access to your name, mailing address, or email, if you provide it.
The Artists Foundation will only contact you if you give us your permission to do so. So why are we asking for your contact info? It will be helpful to the Artists Foundation in advocating for our population to know how many artists live in a certain section of a town or city to be able to get services/programs to them and/or to connect those artists to each other, etc. Plus we need to be able to say that an “actual person” filled out the questions and they only did so once to best ensure the data collected is credible.