- Space Toolbox
- For Artists
- For Developers
- How ArtistLink Can Help
- Artist Space Developers
- Artist Space Basics
- Building a Community
- Space Development Guidebooks
- Making the Case
- Classic Development Process
- State Energy Planning Resources
- Artist Space Case Studies
- Note on Development Teams
- How to (not) spend $
- Design & Construction
- Legal & Governmental
- Financing Space
- Upon Completion
- Real Estate Taxes
- For Municipalities
Artist Space Development Guidebooks
There are many good resources out there besides ArtistLink's site to help guide you in the construction of Artist Space:
1. First off, check out our section on Artist Space Reports.
3. You might want to purchase Eric Rudd's book on building artist studios lofts. It has helpful hints about building space on the cheap.
The Art Studio/Loft Manual by Eric Rudd
The Art Studio/Loft Manual
by Eric Rudd
Purchase it here.
4. If you are looking at issues of creative community building, be sure to read our section on Cultural Planning.
5. . Watch a movie about the development of the Brickbottom artist community's studios, including interviews with artists and city officials.
Please note that this web page links to a series of web sites which represent the work of many other artist assistance organizations and entities. In no way does ArtistLink take credit for the work of any of the organizations listed on this page.
Representation of Artist Assistance Organizations
Organizations listed on this page should contact ArtistLink immediately if their organization has been misrepresented in any way. Changes will gladly be made to the website as soon as possible.
For more on this topic see our page on policies and disclaimers.